Saturday, August 30, 2014

Thanks So Much








For this card, I used a Heidi Swapp Chevron Mask to create the background by sponging Glacier and Flaxen inks over top of a White Daisy cardstock base.  I kept the most outer parts darker with ink while lightening as I worked towards the center.

I stamped the sentiment from You Mean the World to Me set, first inking it in Whisper, then rolling the bottom part in Slate, and then the very bottom in Black ink before stamping it onto a scrap piece of White Daisy cardstock.  Then punched it out with a 2 1/4" circle punch.

I turned the circle over and used a pencil to lightly outline where I wanted it to sit on my base, then I used a leafy image from the It's the Little Things (upcoming November SOTM) set and inked it in Black ink, stamping it around the circle.  I repeated the stamping with secondary stamping (by inking in Black ink and stamping it once onto scrap paper and then onto the card).

I cut a piece of new Slate Diagonal Striped ribbon and adhered it to the back of my circle piece, then used 3D foam tape to pop the sentiment up.

Lastly, I added some more leafy images and tiny Thistle flowers, and some Bitty Sparkles.

So pretty.  And soft.  Love it.  


Happy creating!  :)



Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  White Daisy CS
Stamps:  You Mean the World To Me, It's the Little Things - Nov SOTM
Inks:  Glacier, Flaxen, Thistle, Black, Slate, Whisper
Embellishments:  Slate Diagonal Striped ribbon, Bitty Sparkles
Other:  Chevron Mask (Heidi Swapp), 2 1/4" circle punch (EK), 3D foam tape, Micro-tip Scissors




5 comments:

Lauren said...

This is so pretty, I love the chevron background!

Jayma Malme said...

Absolutely stunning. I love every last detail.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love it! There are lots of details that make this so lovely, excellent work, Vicki!!

Katy said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love, Love, Love...LOVE!

Linda Norman said...

This is beautiful! I am going to try to recreate the background cutting an Artbooking overlay as the mask!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin